Local Fiber, an exhibit of work by nine Island women, will be on display at the Northeast Harbor Library for the month of March. Each participating artist’s work demonstrates a different way fiber can be manipulated.
- Barbara Andrus, Swan’s Island, knitting
- Judith Blank, Bar Harbor, weaving
- Judith Burger-Gossart, Bar Harbor, rug hooking
- Kate Russell Henry, Southwest Harbor, spinning, crocheting & weaving
- Laney Lloyd, Bar Harbor, multi-harness weaving
- Kathe McDonald, Southwest Harbor, art quilting
- Leanne Nickon, Bass Harbor, stitching
- Jeanne Seronde Perkins, Mount Desert, fiber and paper mache
- Shira Singer, Bar Harbor, dyeing & stitching
- Melita Westerlund, Bar Harbor, sculpting
Several pieces from each artist will be on display in the Mellon Room from March 1 through March 31. Masks are required in the Library and maintaining social distance.