Our program schedule is subject to change; check our calendar page for the most accurate information. For news about upcoming events, subscribe to our e-newsletter, which goes out weekly of follow us on facebook.
All events are hybrid unless otherwise stated. There will be limited seating for in-person attendance, registration is required. To register for in-person or virtual attendance, click the title of the event you would like to attend.
Book Group (October – May)
Monthly book group meetings, open to all. Meetings are the second Wednesday of the month at 5 pm in the Reading Room. Prior to the meeting, we have copies of that month’s book available at the front desk. Book group meeting are hybrid events – you can register to attend in person or virtually. Contact Amy Wisehart with questions at email@example.com. Book group meetings are not recorded.
Book Group is on hiatus until the fall; thank you for a lovely season of discussion!
Recordings of Past Events
Follow this link to our Youtube channel, where we will upload videos of recorded adult events. Not all events are able to be recorded, but for those that are, we will upload the recordings to Youtube following the event.
- Northern Lights Panel Discussion, “Hope and Progress: The Evolution of Cancer Care”
- Lecture by Suzette McAvoy, “Farnsworth Forward: Ashley Bryan and More”
- Author visit with Margie Patlak, “More Than Meets the Eye: Exploring Nature and Loss on the Coast of Maine”
- Author visit with Jennifer Nadel, “How Compassion Can Transform our Politics, Economy and Society”
- Author visit with Andrea Yaryura Clark, “On A Night of A Thousand Stars”
- Poetry reading with Lucy Bell Sellers, “Don’t Drop Me, God”
- “Breaking Bread” with authors Roxana Robinson, Annaliese Jakimides, and Kimberly Ridley
- The Lost Lady Sings Again – A Piano Concert with Dr. Donna Coleman
- Author visit with Elizabeth W. Garber and Christina Baker Kline, “Sailing at the Edge of Disaster”
- Author visit with Philp Heckscher, “TOGO: Being Human, A Travel Memoir”
- A Homeowner’s Guide to Solar (Hosted in partnership with A Climate to Thrive, Jesup Memorial Library and the Southwest Harbor Public Library – this is a link to a recording of the event made by the Jesup Memorial Library)
- Waste & Climate Change: What’s the Connection? (Hosted in partnership with A Climate to Thrive, Jesup Memorial Library and the Southwest Harbor Public Library)
- Author visit with Andrea Lani, "Uphill Both Ways"
- Lecture by artist Robert Shetterly, "Americans Who Tell The Truth"
- Housing on MDI: A Community Conversation (Hosted in partnership with the Jesup Memorial Library and Southwest Harbor Public Library)
- Poetry Reading: Karin Spitfire and Weslea Sidon
- Author visit with Shannon Bowring, "The Road to Dalton"
- Author visit with Philip Taubman, "In the Nation's Service"
- The Evolution of Cancer Care: a conversation with William Castrucci, MD and Northern Light Cancer Care
- Author talk: Alice Elliott Dark in conversation with Caitlin Shetterly
- Author visit with Alex Prud'homme, "Dinner With the President: Food, Politics, and a History of Breaking Bread at the White House"
- Author visit with Sarah Daly, "Violent Victors: Why Bloodstained Parties Win Post-War Elections"
- Unfortunately, we had a technical error with our recording of Shannon Mullen's author visit for her book "In Other Words Leadership. Our recording is not available, but we recommend this recording if you are interested in a full length discussion about the book.
- Lecture by Richard Parker, Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey" and Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
- Charles Ives Second Pianoforte Sonata (Concord, Mass. 1840-60), a lecture by Dr. Donna Coleman
- Author visit with Anne M. Kozak, "A History of Acadia National Park"