Masks must be worn and hands sanitized when visiting, we will quarantine returned items for 96hrs which delays the removal from patron accounts. The safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority. We continue to monitor our local situation and will adjust accordingly so stay tuned.
- Request any available item in our catalog. Don’t know what you want, ask a librarian for a selection. There are three possible ways to make a request:
- Login to your account and place a hold,
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call us at 207 276 3333
- Your request will be filled as soon as possible; items will be bagged and labeled with your name. We will call or email you when your order is ready and confirm when you are able to pick your items up. Pick up your items outside by our front entry. If you are not able to arrange pickup within 7 days of your request being filled, the item will be placed back into circulation. The checkout period begins when the request is filled.
We purchase new materials each month. See our new materials here. We are always happy to suggest materials to you!
HOME DELIVERY | By appointment
This service is for patrons who are infirm and unable to get to the library. At this time we are only offering this service within the town limits of Northeast Harbor. Book deliveries will be available on Mondays. Please call 207 276 3333 during our business hours or email us at email@example.com.
FREE WIFI | Available 24/7
Our WIFI network reaches all the way to the curb! The network name is NEHLIB, the password is booklovers. We have added outdoor furniture outside of the library to accommodate patrons working outdoors!
RETURNS | Please return all materials to the book drop located by our front entry. We are quarantining all returned materials for at least 96 hours before they are able to circulate again, during this time the materials will remain checked out to your account. We do not charge overdue fines.
RENEWALS | You can contact us via phone, email, or at the front desk to renew materials that you would like to keep for longer. We will do our best to honor your request.
ONLINE RESOURCES | Please contact us via phone or email if you would like help accessing these resources.
- Mango Languages – online language learning program offering 72 courses including ESL and courses for kids.
- CloudLibrary – ebooks and digital audiobooks
- NEW! Hoopla – ebooks, audiobooks, music, television and film
- Maine Digital Library – Academic journals, articles, magazines and resources
- Tumblebooks – ebooks, study guides, audiobooks and educational videos for children and families
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE | We are able to accept new requests for inter-library loans. We receive deliveries on Thursdays. All interlibrary loan materials are quarantined upon receiving and returning.
EVENTS | All of our events will be held virtually.
Keep an eye out for more information via our Facebook, our weekly e-newsletter or our website for information about upcoming virtual events!
Follow us on Facebook for links to book lists, home education resources and more. We will be posting updates via our weekly e-newsletter (You can sign up on the bottom of this page!), to the library Facebook page, Instagram, website, and on our outdoor sign as we adapt to the present situation.
For more information:
Northeast Harbor Library
1 Joy Road, PO Box 279
Northeast Harbor, Maine 04662