Updated 7/8/22: Per CDC recommendations, face coverings are optional in the library. We are still providing disposable masks if you choose to use one in the library. For indoor events we are recommending that attendees wear masks, but it is not required. We will continue to monitor COVID community transmission rates and may make changes to our safety protocol if risk levels change.
STUDY ROOMS & WORKSPACES
We have reopened our two small study rooms and they can be reserved by calling the library. You may reserve a room up to one month in advance, and no more than three times per week for up to three hours at a time.
There are also outdoor workspaces – with shaded spaces and spaces near outlets – that are available. All workspaces are available first come, first served. If you need to talk on the phone or do a zoom call, we ask that you use one of our study rooms or outdoor spaces.
The Maine Studies Room and Garden Room upstairs are available for quiet study but the doors must remain open so that patrons can browse the collections in those rooms. For that reason, we also request no phone calls or videoconferencing in those rooms.
- Request any available item in our catalog. Don’t know what you want, ask a librarian for a selection. There are three possible ways to make a request:
- Login to your account and place a hold,
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call us at 207 276 3333
- Your request will be filled as soon as possible; items will be bagged and labeled with your name. We will call or email you when your order is ready and confirm when you are able to pick your items up. Pick up your items outside by our front entry. If you are not able to arrange pickup within 7 days of your request being filled, the item will be placed back into circulation. The checkout period begins when the request is filled.
We purchase new materials each month. See our new materials here. We are always happy to suggest materials to you!
HOME DELIVERY | By appointment
This service is for patrons who are unable to get to the library. At this time we are only offering this service within the town limits of Northeast Harbor. Book deliveries will be available on Mondays. Please call 207 276 3333 during our business hours or email us at email@example.com.
FREE WIFI | Available 24/7
Our WIFI network reaches all the way to the curb! The network name is NEHLIB, password: booklovers.
RENEWALS | You can contact us via phone, email, or at the front desk to renew materials that you would like to keep for longer. We will do our best to honor your request.
ONLINE RESOURCES | Please contact us via phone or email if you would like help accessing these resources.
- Mango Languages – online language learning program offering 72 courses including ESL and courses for kids.
- CloudLibrary – ebooks and digital audiobooks
- Hoopla – ebooks, audiobooks, music, television and film
- Maine Digital Library – Academic journals, articles, magazines and resources
- Tumblebooks – ebooks, study guides, audiobooks and educational videos for children and families
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE | We are able to make requests for inter-library loan items from other libraries. We receive deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
EVENTS | Most of our adult events will be held in person, with a virtual option. Children’s events are in person.
Keep an eye out for more information via our Facebook, our weekly e-newsletter or our website for information about upcoming virtual events and outdoor summer programming for children!
Follow us on Facebook for links to book lists, home education resources and more. We will be posting updates via our weekly e-newsletter (You can sign up on the bottom of this page!), to the library Facebook page, Instagram, website, and on our outdoor sign as we adapt to the present situation.
For more information:
Northeast Harbor Library
1 Joy Road, PO Box 279
Northeast Harbor, Maine 04662