Last Updated 6/30
The safety of our patrons and staff is our utmost concern. See outlined below services we are offering and precautions we are taking at this time to ensure public health.
BUILDING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC | See library hours on our home page
Our building will be open to the public starting Wednesday, July 1st. We are limiting the building capacity to 15 people at a time; masks are required. Our computers, meeting rooms, and public restrooms are unavailable at this time. Please maintain a safe social distance of six feet from staff and other patrons when you visit the library. We welcome you to come in, browse our collections, and borrow materials!
- Printing. We are able to print files for you while our computers remain unavailable. Please send all print jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org and have payment (cash only, $.25 per page) with you when you come to pick up your printing.
CURBSIDE PICKUP | Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm
- Request any available item in our catalogue. There are three possible ways to make a request:
- Login to your account and place a hold,
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Or call us at 207 276 3333
- Your request will be filled as soon as possible; items will be bagged and labeled with your name. We will call or email you when your order is ready and confirm when you are able to pick your items up. Pick up your items outside by our front entry. If you are not able to arrange pickup within 7 days of your request being filled, the item will be placed back into circulation. The checkout period begins when the request is filled.
TAKEOUT WINDOW | Monday & Tuesday, 11 am – 3 pm
An open window, staffed with a friendly face. Our takeout window is located in the Children’s Room. Through the takeout window we are able to checkout materials, make reader’s advisory suggestions and answer reference questions. We are not able to accept returned items through the takeout window.
HOME DELIVERY | By appointment
This service is for patrons who are infirm and unable to get to the library. At this time we are only offering this service within the town limits of Northeast Harbor. Book deliveries will be available on Mondays. Please call 207 276 3333 during our business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE WIFI | Available 24/7
Our WIFI network reaches all the way to the curb! The network name is NEHLIB, the password is booklovers. We have added outdoor furniture outside of the library to accommodate patrons working outdoors!
RETURNS | Please return all materials to the book drop located by our front entry. We are quarantining all returned materials for at least 72 hours before they are able to circulate again, during this time the materials will remain checked out to your account. We do not charge overdue fines.
RENEWALS | You can contact us via phone, email, or at our takeout window to renew materials that you would like to keep for longer. We will do our best to honor your request.
ONLINE RESOURCES | Please contact us via phone, email, or our takeout window if you would like help accessing these resources.
- Mango Languages – online language learning program offering 72 courses including ESL and courses for kids.
- CloudLibrary – ebooks and digital audiobooks
- Maine Digital Library – Academic journals, articles, magazines and resources
- Tumblebooks – ebooks, study guides, audiobooks and educational videos for children and families
- Teencloud – ebooks, study guides, audiobooks, and educational videos for teens
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE | Discontinued for the time being. We are unable to accommodate new requests for inter-library loan items at this time; hopefully, service will resume mid-July.
EVENTS | All of our events have been postponed or will be held virtually.
Keep an eye out for more information via our Facebook, our e-newsletter or our website for information about upcoming virtual events!
Follow us on Facebook for links to book lists, home education resources and more. We will be posting updates via our weekly e-newsletter (You can sign up on the bottom of this page!), to the library Facebook page, Instagram, website, and on our outdoor sign as we adapt to the present situation.